Front End Software Engineer
We're running an Online Hiring Event on this Saturday, to hire Front End Software Engineers ($30k/yr).
Online Hiring Events are live forums designed to enable you to understand the role and requirements through an interactive Q&A session followed by a self-directed testing process. The testing takes between 3-5 hours to complete. It’s worth taking the time to finish all the tests because we evaluate every single complete application to find the top talent.
This event will include all testing required to apply for the role. Upon grading the tests, and if you advance, we will set up an interview with the hiring manager.
As a Front End Software Engineer, you can expect to be a member of one of our central assembly line teams such as the maintenance team.
Our maintenance team is responsible for bug fixing across our 100+ product portfolio. The maintenance team has an element of product specialization but they are also process specialists. We want to ensure that our engineers have all the right information and toolsets available to be able to quickly reproduce a client’s environment, reproduce a bug, fix it, test it, document the fix and send for review. We have weekly product release cycles so we want to ensure that bugs get fixed as quickly as possible for our clients and that we are constantly improving the quality of our products.
In all cases, you will have aggressive daily and weekly targets to work against and you can expect to receive daily and weekly feedback about your performance. The regular feedback is used to help you improve immediately and to help you resolve blockers which may be slowing down your performance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering
- 2+ years of experience as a hands-on software engineer using front-end development technology such as React and/or Angular JS
- 2+ years experience in writing unit tests
- 1+ years experience working in an environment where CI/ CD tools are used
- At least 1 year of working experience using cloud services such as AWS
Proficiency in the following skills and technologies is mandatory:
- Database knowledge in technology such as SQL Server / Oracle / MySQL / MongoDB / Cassandra
- SOA, EDA, and Design patterns
- Some experience in Linux, Django, REST, Git, and shell scripting
MVC and knowledge of another server-side programming language (Ruby, PHP) is desired but not mandatory
Demonstrate success as a problem solver
Be a results oriented individual
Comfortable “working virtually” with teammates and customers around the world
Good proficiency in the English language
These are the recommended and minimum system requirements for participating in the online hiring event.
- Any IDE
- Node.js v8.9+
- NPM v5+
Join our community of remote professionals!
Deadline for applications: 09.12.2018.